Well-suited to remote, greenfields property exploration, our backpack drills are ideal as near-surface initial sampling (soil or rock) and geologic mapping tools.
- Lightweight/man portable diamond core drill
- Fast penetrating to depths of up to 5m (16ft). Drillhole depth to 10m (32 ft) under ideal conditions.
- 25mm (1 in) diameter hole/15mm core AQ
- Minimal footprint disturbance
- No permitting requirements in most jurisdictions
- Can replace trenching in inaccessible areas
- Penetrate lacustrine clays to sample bedrock-related soils below
- Build overburden or bedrock stratigraphy
- Test depth to bedrock and collect bedrock sample
- Collect structural data
- Collect soil or rock samples through swamps
- Follow up on high grade rock samples
- Prove continuity of veins
Our backpack diamond drills are ideal for a wide range of environmental and geotechnical applications such as soil sampling and monitoring, materials testing, and geotechnical investigation.
We can quickly drill into soils or rock in backyards, in basements or parking garages, between buildings, under trees and power lines, and near sensitive buried objects such as storage tanks and underground pipes.
- Collect core samples for geotechnical testing
- Collect interval samples in soils to 10 m (32 ft)
- Environmental Site Assessment drilling (e.g. Phase II ESA)
- Investigative drilling for structural properties of building foundation
- Subsurface site investigation
- Monitoring well drilling
- Core asphalt and cement installations to gather samples for testing
- Drill and sample bedrock for stability testing
- Drill dimension stone deposits to test quality
SHORT-HOLE DRILL PROGRAM RESULTS IN THE FIRST ANOMALOUS, IN SITU VMS-STYLE MINERALIZATION DISCOVERED ON THE PROPERTY SINCE 1997
DIAMOND DRILL PROGRAM INTERCEPTS ANOMALOUS ZINC, LEAD AND COPPER WITHIN THE FINAL DRILLHOLE OF THE PROGRAM
"The 2015 short-hole diamond drill program intercepted anomalous zinc, lead and copper with the final drillhole of the program providing an interval of 2,546 ppm Zn, 10 ppm Pb and 300ppm Cu over the length of the drillhole; 5.05m. This run included a single 0.19m interval of 1.88% Zn, 54 ppm Pb and 1,262.5 ppm Cu."
FOLLOW-UP DRILLING OF NEAR SURFACE MAG/EM GEOPHYSICAL ANOMALIES
IMMEDIATE FOLLOW UP WITH SHORT-HOLE DRILLING LEADS TO DISCOVERY OF GRAPHITIC FAULTS, INTENSE SILICIFICATION, AND Po-Py MINERALIZATION TO 40% OF A 4M DRILL HOLE
"A Beep Mat geophysics survey had identified and delieated a large near-surface conductive zone. Through snow and overburden, immediate follow up with short-hole diamond drilling revealed graphitic faults, intense silicification, and Po-Py mineralization to 40% of a 4m drill hole. Further drilling has led to the discovery of multiple anomalies in metals including Au, Ag, As, Cu, Zn, Ni and Mo."
A DISCOVERY MADE POSSIBLE WITH SHORT-HOLE DRILLING
SHORT-HOLE DRILL INTERVAL OF 0.29 M OF 2.31% U3O8 AT KEY LAKE ROAD FROM “HIGHWAY ZONE” A NEW DISCOVERY AT KEY LAKE ROAD URANIUM PROJECT, SASKATCHEWAN
Property-wide geophysical traverses and detailed geophysical surveys of selected areas were conducted using gamma-ray spectrometers. Short-hole drilling at the specific locations of anomalous spectrometer readings allowed for core sampling from the radioactive source at depth. A new mineralized area was discovered during the 2015 work program. The highest scintillometer reading returned from the Highway Zone was 11,057 cps in drill core.
SHORT-HOLE DRILL PROGRAM CONFIRMS COPPER MINERALIZATION
SHORT-HOLE DRILLING TO INVESTIGATE BEEP MAT SURVEY-IDENTIFIED CONDUCTOR. SHORT-HOLE DRILL SAMPLES UP TO 0.457% Cu AND 1.0 G/T Ag OVER 37CM
"The property again became active with a 2016 mapping, prospecting (38 samples), backpack drilling (22.96m of drilling and 29 samples in 21 holes), and Beepmat survey (19 conductive anomalies proximal to Rochon and 2 conductive clay zones in the eastern claims) project. Several outcrop and backpack drill core samples taken in the north block proximal to the Rochon showing assayed higher than 0.20% Cu. A grab sample from proximal to the Rochon showing assayed 0.694% Cu and 1.9g/t Ag while a backpack drill hole assayed 0.457% Cu and 1g/t Ag over 37cm."
NEW GOLD-BEARING VEIN SYSTEM IDENTIFIED USING BACKPACK DRILLS
SHORT-HOLE DRILL SAMPLES UP TO 8.62 G/T Au OVER 38CM
"The highest gold value obtained in the Phase 2 program was in hole HW19-21, drilled to test a new vein system identified 15m south of the main vein showing, and assayed 8.62g/t Au and 3.8g/t Ag over 38cm from 0.0 – 0.38m. In addition, hole HW19-07, which was drilled to expand the known extent of mineralization, assayed 3.70g/t Au and 16.4g/t Ag over 84 cm from 1.15 – 1.99m."
SHORT-HOLE DIAMOND DRILLING AT THE MARGURETE GOLD PROJECT
GOLD PROSPECTING WITH BACKPACK DIAMOND DRILLS
Near surface diamond drilling in mineralized zone at the Margurete Gold Project, Coastal BC.